Sunday, May 17, 2009

I hate saying goodbye to endings..

Well, this is my very first blog and I am writing about endings! It might not make sense but a lot of what I do does not make much sense. First of all, I don't like it when a good book is over and I don't know what happened next. I don't like it when a good movie ends with a horrible ending or a decent sequel is not made. (one of the best sequels is to the Anne of Green Gables movies)

My hate for goodbyes started when I was little. When I was young, I was strongly attached to my mother. This was fine, until she had to leave to go somewhere and I was forced to say goodbye. Even if it was for a few hours, it was hard for me. I can remember crying at the door when she left every Monday night for Bible Study. I didn't not want her to leave or have to say goodbye.

This is my mom with her big 80's hair and I.
When I lost my last tooth, I cried simply because my years of "tooth loosing" were over. I also cried when I turned 9 because I had to say goodbye to my "single digit years". You all are probably thinking I am crazy for these silly emotions and feelings towards endings but oh well.
LloydChristmas in Dumb and Dumber nailed it right on the nose in this clip..

There are also sad, emotional goodbyes that tug at my heart. I remember saying goodbye to my Nana before she passed away. I hugged and kissed her goodbye, not knowing that was the last goodbye I would say to her. Saying goodbye to my dog before we put her to sleep. I just hate goodbyes at times.

My Nana
I cried at my High School graduation because High School was over. Little did I know that God had a plan for me while I was at college and there was no reason to be sad about leaving High School.
High School Graduation-2005! This past may I graduated from California Baptist University. After living there for four years, being involved, making so many wonderful, amazing friends, it was now time to say goodbye to my school, friend and home. I dreaded this day for years and knew I would be a weeping mess, but God's peace was with me that day, that week and that month. The whole situation was bitter sweet. I said my goodbyes, packed up and moved back home and I am fine! No tears! I am excited and eager to see what the Lord has planned for this next chapter in my life.

My Best Friend at our graduation at CBU- No tears!
Even though saying goodbye is hard, I know that the greatest will be when I leave this earth. Even though it will be hard to leave the ones I love here, I will be saying goodbye to this worthless earth and living eternity in Heaven with Jesus. That will be the best goodbye of my life.

No comments: