Monday, August 31, 2009

Leaves are Blessings!

I am doing a Bible study on the book of Colossians and I am loving it. The book rich with wisdom, truth, direction and love. Paul was an awesome Soldier for Christ! In the study, it directed me to Psalms 1 where the parts of a tree are associated with the parts and growth of a follower of Christ.

Psalms 1:3
They are like trees planted along the riverbank,
bearing fruit each season.
Their leaves never wither,
and they prosper in all they do.

This relates to Colossians 2:7 where it says..
Rooted and built up in Him
and firm in your faith just as you were taught,
and overflowing with thankfulnesss.

Just like a tree, I as a Christ follower need to be...
rooted in Him- He is the base of my life and where I get my nourishment. He is what holds me firm and keeps me grounded


Built up in Him-
Grow in Him. Be strong and firm in my faith, never moving or budging in my faith, like a sturdy tree.


Overflowing with thankfulness-- Like the leaves on a tree, that flood the branches, fall to the ground and coat the grass, our blessings from God are just like leaves. We have so many of them covering our lives! They are everywhere! We just need to stop and look.


The study instructed me to make a list of all the things I am thankful for and how God has blessed me. Wow! What a great reminder of what I have. Just the wonderful gift of salvation is a big enough blessings that will overpower all the problems live can throw at me. I often forget this and get caught up with the small issues but listing out all the things I am thankful for has brought me back to the truth- I am blessed because I am a Child of God. Period.




P.s. The bible study book I am going through is called, "Cappuccino with Colossians" by Sandra Glahn. I recommend it!

1 comment:

sarah said...

Wish I could have done it! Sarah said it was awesome as well...I'm reading through Psalm 119 and we are blessed sista! Blessed to have His Word with us, His Holy Spirit that doesn't leave us orphans in sin...Hope to see you soon! Love,Sarah Beth